The road is the page. The experiences are the ink. Next chapter begins in 300 miles.
Mike’s Road Trip is a top-rated travel video blog focused on road trips, travel tips, lodging & restaurant reviews. Mike’s Road Trip.com started in May, 2010 and is published by Mike Shubic, a veteran marketer who has worked the client, agency and media sides of the business. The site receives over 20,000 visits per month with 50,000+ pages being served.
Mike’s Road Trip Site Traffic:
- Over 3400 pages indexed on Google
- PageRank – 3
- Alexa – 183,005 U.S. [12/5/13]
- Compete – 267,380
- MozRank – 5.27
- Domain MozRank – 4.32
- Page Authority – 48
- Global traffic – USA (79%), Canada, UK, , Australia (16%) (151 countries total have visited)
- Age & gender – 35-54 (54%), Male (53%), Female (47%)
- Education – College and graduate-level degrees (67%)
675,000+ video views across a dozen travel and video sharing websites.
- YouTube makes up the majority of the views 450,000+ —TripFilms, Vimeo, My Pod Studios, Daily Motion and others make up the rest.
- As of 1/4/13 Mike’s Road Trip now has its own “pod” on My Pod Studios, one of the fastest growing video entertainment sites on the web according to Forbes. Mike’s Road Trip currently has a single pod called, “Irresistible Inns,” but more are in development. My Pod Studios receives over 25 million unique visits per month.
- Average video view/engagement 2:06 minutes.
- Produced over 330 videos.
Social Media Network:
Mike’s Road Trip has dozens of social media profiles, from travel and video sharing sites, to micro blog and social bookmarking sites. Click Mike’s Road Trip Social Media Network for a complete list and links to each profile. For Facebook engagement snapshot, click here.
- Twitter – 3,300+
- Facebook fans & friends – 2000+
- Foursquare – 400+
- Google+ YouTube – 650+
- Klout score – 63
Features, Appearances & Awards:
Has appeared on dozens of media outlets…from guest appearances, content contributor to media interviews.
- Travel Channel - “Best of the Road” show, part of team “Road Bros.”
- PBS - “Check Please” food critique show.
- Got Saga – 2010 GotSaga named “Mike’s Road Trip” the best “travel tips” blog.
- Travel + Escape – Canada’s premier travel source. Click here for an example of my contributions.
- TripFilms – 2012 Trippy award winner for best hotel video.
- USA Today – Featured several times as part of the “Best of the Road.”
- Halli Casser-Jane - A syndicated online radio show…this episode was on the “best pizza in the country“.
- MyDestination – Based out of the UK, MyDestination is one of hottest online travel guides. Click here for an example of my contributions.
- TripFilms – Paid contributor for this travel video website (April 2011 contributor-of-the-month winner. 2012 Trippy winner).
- ABC 15 – Guest appearance on the ABC NOW! show.
- Rand McNally – Contributor to the “Best of the Road” site.
- Sixt (UK travel site) – Mike’s Road Trip (MRT) named a top-10 best road trip blog for 2012. MRT one of only two sites to receive 5 out of 5 rating.
- Featured in the spring 2013 issue of “Wild Junket” magazine on page 10.
To read some of the kind words folks have said about working with “Mike’s Road Trip,” click here.