If you’re a photographer and/or videographer like me, there is a good chance you have equipment stowed in multiple bags, often forgetting which bag has your batteries, filters, or other gear you need at a particular moment. As I continue to add to my equipment list, I found that my gear was now being stowed in four different bags. I just couldn’t take it any longer, I wanted one unit where I could easily find everything I needed. From there, I could place equipment into smaller bags as I needed for a particular shoot.
Two of the bags I have are by Lowepro, a Fastpack and a Slingshot, both of which I love—so naturally, I visited the Lowepro website to see what kind of selection they had that might fit my needs. I ended up selecting the Pro Roller x300, which was the perfect choice for my particular usage. As a travel video blogger, I’m always on the go, and the design of the x300 actually helps me be productive rather than hindering the shooting process. The bag is so perfectly designed for my needs that it almost feels as though it were custom made.
Here are some of the features of the Lowepro Pro Roller x300
- For starters, there is a ton of pockets and adjustable protective slots to stow gear. It took a little while for me to remember where I had put everything, but now (provided I put it back in the same place) I can access everything in a split second.
- There is a kickstand that allows me to tilt the bag and easily open to gain access to my equipment.
- The handles on the top and sides are very comfortable, made of a neoprene-type material.
- There is a padded pocket where I can slide in my 17″ Macbook Pro.
- The sturdy (and removable) wheels let me tow the bag anywhere I need.
- Oh, and I love the alchemist-like feature…the x300 is actually two bags in one! The interior compartment becomes a backpack. Check out the video and you’ll see what I mean.
- In a pinch, when I need a second tri-pod…the handle doubles as one. Again, the video helps illustrate it better than I can describe.
- Of course, with all that expensive gear inside, it’s important to keep it safe from slippery fingers, so Lowepro has developed a locking system, which is even TSA approved and accessible.
Whether I’m road tripping or flying, I have found the Pro Roller x300 to be an extraordinary bag for my needs. Lowepro is known for their high-quality products, and the x300 is no exception. However, quality does comes at a price…this bag retails for $459, however I found it on Amazon for $320, which I think is a fair price for such a superior camera storage unit.
Pro Roller x300 dimensions and capacities:
- Overall Dimensions: 18.5 x 11.4 x 26.3 inches ; 14.6 pounds
- Notebook Compartment: 14.76 x 1.18 x 19.09 in
- Internal Dimensions: 14.57 x 6.89 x 21.85 in
- Fits 1-2 Pro DSLRs with grips
- 1-2 prosumer camcorders
- 6-8 extra lenses/accessories
- Up to a 17″ laptop
If you have any questions at all that I may be able to answer, please leave a comment below. If you happen to own a Pro Roller, let my readers and me know what you like best.