10 sensational shots…that I never got!
A dedicated photographer always has their camera at the ready. While I almost always have one on me, the scene/shot often passes before I can take the photo. Sometimes, it’s too difficult to be inconspicuous and/or not appropriate to take a pictures. Therefore, I have been keeping track of some of the “shots I never got” in hopes that the description would be nearly as interesting as the photos…that never happened.
I would love to know which shot would have been your favorite…please leave a comment below.
- Hip Hop Jews – I was coming out of a grocery store in Plattsburg, NY when I saw six acidic Jews sitting in a pimped-out suburban rocking out to some serious urban hip hop music.
- Condom girl – I was at a Wal-Mart in Vermont when I was walking down an aisle and saw a young woman looking over the condoms. What make this scene interesting…she was already pregnant.
- The talented sleepwalker – I was in the Pike Place Market in Seattle…walking down an alley of sorts when I saw a woman sleeping—while standing…with a cigarette in one hand and a drink in the other.
- Swimming pool guy – I was at a hotel walking passed the indoor pool, when I saw what looked to be a guy doing something very inappropriate in public. Turned out, he was just cleaning the pool tile…vigorously.
- Hot housekeepers – I was in Saranac Lake staying at a boutique inn. My room had a deck that overlooked the lake…I was hanging one morning enjoying the view…but not of the lake. I saw two incredibly good-looking ladies…model material, wearing short-shorts and skimpy blouses. I couldn’t figure out what they were doing…they kept going in-and-out of a room. Impure thoughts ran through my head. It finally dawned on me…they were housekeepers. Come to find out, they were foreign exchange students working at the inn for the summer.
- Equestrian motorbike riders – I was shooting a video of an event in Lake Placid, NY when two kids in equestrian attire rode up to me to asked for direction…on mini-bikes (motorcycles).
- Topless woman causes mayhem – While I was riding a bike down the Alki Beach Boardwalk in Seattle, I saw a topless woman cause a pileup. A guy was skate-boarding down the boardwalk when his eyes were drawn to an attractive woman laying on the beach…topless. She was not on her back, but rather on her elbows, which at the angle for the skate-border was just enough to distract him. Unbeknownst to him, there was a bicyclist coming from the opposite direction. The skate-border drifted into the cyclists’ lane. The impact so significant that the skateboarder was thrown into two women who were rollerblading in front of me with a stroller—that impact caused a pedestrian to fall as well. One topless woman caused a multi-person pileup.
- Car on the roof – I was driving down the highway when I saw a truck driving in the opposite direction. I noticed that the truck had something on its roof…as it got closer, I noticed it was a Smart Car. Not sure how the heck they got it up there…or how they planned to get it down.
- Pull up your pants dude! – I was in a hotel having breakfast in Québec when I saw a grown man with his beautiful wife and three kids. This guys was wearing jean knickers lookin’ like some hip hop kid with his pants hanging down his ass exposing 3/4 of his underwear. Who does that?
- How’d that happen? – I saw a kid riding his scooter on a grassy hill near a lake. He would ride down a bit, then stop and go back up the hill. I just had a feeling that this kid was about to go for a swim. Sure enough, he got too much speed going down the hill and was not able to stop before plunging head long into the lake. Damn it was funny.