The Basics of Car Rentals – Best Sites to rent a car in the USA
There are some beautiful destinations across the U.S., many of which have an abundance of tourist attractions. Getting to the destination is not difficult as local flights are abundant, however, getting to see all the tourist attractions can be difficult, especially for first-time travelers. The problem many new travelers face can be simplified by the following question:
- How do you move from the airport to the hotel, and from the hotel to the many places you want to go…without draining your wallet with taxi cabs?
- We’ll talk about the specifics of moving within a destination, the best way is by renting a car.
- Lastly, we´ll discuss the basics of car renting, some ratings of car rental sites, and even some tourist features that can only be experienced by four wheels. So put on your seat belts and enjoy the ride.
Before renting a car, here are some things to consider:
- Have a valid driver’s license – This may seem obvious, as you naturally need a license to drive, however it is mandatory to show your license at the counter when you come to pick up the car. So, if you are going to rent a car, check twice that your license is with you.
- An embossed credit card – A tedious yet necessary proof that you are not just going to run off with the car. Also, be sure that the credit card you are going to submit is embossed, as some companies reject non-embossed credit cards.
- Full coverage insurance – This is a basic need for vehicular transportation, but you must have a copy just in case anything happens.
- You must be over 25 years old – A basic requirement for renting a car with most companies is being over 25 years old. Some companies request extra fees for drives under 25, however, some others plain and simple don’t let drivers under 25 to rent a car.
Let’s get started on some of the basics of renting a car.
There are thousands of options for renting cars in the U.S. and actually, it gets a bit confusing but there are companies that sort through all those options to give you the best deals. There are options upon options and so, to summarize.
- Top 5 best car rental sites based on information from Trustpilot (a site that ranks companies by comparing the comments of those who used the services that those companies provide). The company is qualified by its users as fast and accurate, with courteous and competent representatives and some of the best prices in the market. Users report it to be easy to use and effective, comparing many worldwide renowned car rental and showing the best pricing options for your travel.
- Miles car rental 4.7 / 5 – This company offers advantages such as being able to pay for your reservation via methods such as PayPal and debit cards with the MasterCard logo, whereas in other sites you are obligated to pay on credit card only. In addition to that, it’s been reported that their customer service is very helpful and professional.
- Priceline 4.5 / 5 – This company offers most services needed for going on vacation. Depending on the conditions, they may offer free cancellations on some of the bookings. Their app for renting cars has been reportedly upgraded, allowing for costumers to have an easier experience when using the site via their smartphones.
- CarRentals 4.3 / 5 – CarRentals has better deals for those looking to go outside of the USA as they offer services in cities such as Sidney, Tel Aviv, and Tokyo. In addition to this, they offer suggestions for which car category to rent on every occasion such a luxury for couples looking for a memorable moment or vans for families.
- Rentalcars 3.8 / 5 – This company specializes inaccessibility as their page is known for being able to change to a ton of languages such as Russian and Turkish. In addition to this, they give you the possibility of making an account so you can track the times you have rented a car and set your preferred characteristics when renting a car.
So, you rented a car. Now what?
Having a car lets you do so much exploring. Compared to other countries, the U.S. has a lot of infrastructures dedicated to cars, and that means some touristic attractions are best seen in a car, in fact, some important tourist attractions are not destinations proper but unforgettable trips you can easily take on a car. Here are just two basic road trips you can do by renting a car in the U.S.