Mike’s Road Trip wins two 2019 SATW awards
I’m honored to announced that MikesRoadTrip.com has won two SATW (Society of American Travel Writers) awards. One was for the Best Website category and the other was for Best Non-Traditional piece on Bali: https://www.mikesroadtrip.com/beyond-bali/
What the SATW judges said:
- The Website category looks at compilations of work on standalone sites.
- The Silver award goes to Mike Shubic for MikesRoadTrip.com
- The judges wrote: “This site is very complete, and jammed full of tips, videos, photo galleries and more. The design is engaging with a lot of visual impact.”
What the SATW Judges Said:
- The Non-traditional category allows members to enter work that doesn’t fit well into other categories. The winners here represent a range of work.
- The Silver goes to Mike Shubic for a video entitled “5 Incredible Places Beyond Bali in Wonderful Indonesia,” appearing on MikesRoadTrip.com.
- The judges said: “While many travel writers excel at wonderful stories accompanied by illustrative photos or videos, this video is an excellent example of marrying voice w/video (the only text is tantamount to closed captioning in TV, for the deaf or hard of hearing). The videography is beautiful, mixing up the angles, including several from above. Not only does the camera move, so does the story accompanying it.”