The road is the page. The experiences are the ink. Next chapter begins in 300 miles.
Mike’s Road Trip is an award-winning travel video blog (awards listed below) focused on road trips, travel tips, lodging & restaurant reviews. Mike’s Road Trip.com started in May, 2010 and is published by Mike Shubic, a veteran marketer and author of Lines, Signs & Forks – Diary of a Nomadic Road Tripper. Mike’s Road Trip has worked with dozens and dozens of destinations, PR firms, media outlets and leading brands (see examples below).
Mike is currently part of the Travelocity Gnomad team and the Allianz Travel ambassador team. MikesRoadTrip.com receives over 50,000 visits per month with 120,000+ pages being served. Mike’s Road Trip ranks 119th out of the world’s most popular travel blogs. Click the following link to view the rate card and promotional packages.
Note: This page is updated frequently, but some numbers/graph images may be out of date or no longer relevant. Please inquire if you have any questions.
Mike’s Road Trip Site Traffic (6-Month Snapshot):
- Over 6400 pages indexed on Google
- PageRank – 4
- Alexa – 183,005 U.S. (118 of Alexa Travel blogs)
- Compete – 267,380 (166 of Compete Travel blogs)
- MozRank – 5.27
- Domain MozRank – 4.60
- Domain Authority 43
- Page Authority – 48
- Klout score – 63
- Kred score – 783 (global) 983 (travel)
- Global traffic – USA (61%), Canada (12%), UK (7%) Ireland (2.1%) Germany 2%) (The balance by 164 other countries)
- Age – 35-54 (37%), 25-34 (25%), 55-64 (17%)
- Gender – Female (58%), Male (42%)
- Education – College and graduate-level degrees (67%)
Over 12 million video views across several platforms.
- Approximately 150,000 video views served each month.
- YouTube and the Mike’s Road Trip ROKU channel make up the majority of views each month.
- Average video view duration on YouTube is 3:55 minutes, with a 62% completion rate and 96.8% like average.
- Produced over 500 travel videos.
- Currently looking at getting videos on Amazon Prime and a couple of other outlets.
Who We’ve Worked With Recently:
Social Media Network:
Mike’s Road Trip has dozens of social media profiles, from travel and video sharing sites, to micro blog and social bookmarking sites. Click Mike’s Road Trip Social Media Network for a complete list and links to each profile. For social media marketing value, check out SocialBlueBook.com.
- Twitter – 46,000+
- Instagram – 42,000+
- YouTube – 14,000+
- Pinterest – 12,000+ (425,000+ monthly viewers)
- Facebook fans & friends – 6000+
- Currently sharing content and building audiences on TripAdvisor, Medium and FlipBoard 2000+
- Klout score – 64
- Kred score — 783 (global) 983 (travel)
TOTAL SOCIAL MEDIA FOLLOWING 120,000+
Travel Journalist Trade Association Memberships
- NATJA (North American Travel Journalists Association) – Member in good standing 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021.
- SATW (Society of American Travel Writers) – Member in good standing 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020
- ATTA (Adventure Travel Trade Association – Member in good standing 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021
- PTBA (Professional Travel Blogger Association) – One of the original members since 2013. Served on the 2018-2020 board as Secretary when we voted to merge with SATW.
Features, Appearances & Awards:
Has appeared on dozens of media outlets…from guest appearances, content contributor to media interviews.
- SATW Awards – 2019 Silver awards for “Best Website” and a video in the “Non-Traditional” category.
- NATJA Awards– 2019 Gold winner for the travel book category. 2019 Silver for travel documentary. 2018 Bronze in Travel Video category. 2017 Gold for Travel video category .
- Bistriteanul – Romanian newspaper features Mike on his B-Class Mercedes-Benz Road Trip of Romania.
- Allianz Travel – Part of the 2018, 2019 and 2020 travel ambassador team.
- Travelocity Gnational Gnomad – Member of the 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2019 Gnomads travel ambassador team for Travelocity.
- Janesville Gazette – Featured in the Janesville, Wisconsin Gazette regarding the video that won 1st place fro best NATJA best travel video.
- ATTA (Adventure Travel Trade Association) – Published industry article on how to leverage video content.
- ABC 15 – “Best small towns for foodies.” Article written for Travelocity and was one of the best performing in their history.
- Vicksburg 105.5 Radio – Interview on my 2016 road trip to Vicksburg.
- Tripoto – “Best travel blog to look out for in 2015” (Adventure category)
- Travel Channel.com – “Travel’s Best” road trip advisor for 2015
- 2015 Global Tour Winner – Selected to be the Hangzhou Global Tour storyteller.
- Top 100 Travel blog – Named by NomadicSamuel.com in 2014
- Travel Media Showcase – 2nd place writing contest for Lake Charles, LA article.
- Travel Channel – “Best of the Road show on the Travel Channel” T.V. show, part of team “Road Bros.”
Case Studies & Testimonials: