The road is the page. The experiences are the ink. Next chapter begins in 300 miles.
Mike’s Road Trip is an award-winning travel video blog (Most recently won gold for NATJA Best Travel Video ) focused on road trips, travel tips, lodging & restaurant reviews. Mike’s Road Trip.com started in May, 2010 and is published by Mike Shubic, a veteran marketer. Mike’s Road Trip has worked with dozens and dozens of destinations, PR firms, media outlets and leading brands (see examples below). Mike is currently part of the Travelocity Gnomad team and the Allianz Travel brand ambassador team. MikesRoadTrip.com receives over 50,000 visits per month with 100,000+ pages being served. Mike’s Road Trip ranks 119th out of the world’s most popular travel blogs. Click the following link to view the rate card and promotional packages.
Note: This page is updated frequently, but some numbers may be out of date or no longer relevant. Please inquire if you have any questions.
Mike’s Road Trip Site Traffic (6-Month Snapshot):
- Over 4600 pages indexed on Google
- PageRank – 4
- Alexa – 183,005 U.S. (118 of Alexa Travel blogs)
- Compete – 267,380 (166 of Compete Travel blogs)
- MozRank – 5.27
- Domain MozRank – 4.60
- Domain Authority 43
- Page Authority – 47
- Klout score – 63
- Kred score – 783 (global) 983 (travel)
- Global traffic – USA (61%), Canada (12%), UK (7%) Ireland (2.1%) Germany 2%) (The balance by 164 other countries)
- Age – 35-54 (37%), 25-34 (25%), 55-64 (17%)
- Gender – Female (58%), Male (42%)
- Education – College and graduate-level degrees (67%)
Over 5 million video views across nearly a dozen travel and video sharing websites.
- Approximately 120,000 video views served each month.
- YouTube and the Mike’s Road Trip ROKU channel make up the majority of views at over 2m each.
- Average video view duration on YouTube is 3:15 minutes, with a 62% completion rate.
- Produced over 500 travel videos.
- Q2 of 2018 Mike’s Road Trip will be distributed on DirecTV, the nation’s leading satellite television provider with 22m subscribers.
Who We’ve Worked With Recently:
Social Media Network:
Mike’s Road Trip has dozens of social media profiles, from travel and video sharing sites, to micro blog and social bookmarking sites. Click Mike’s Road Trip Social Media Network for a complete list and links to each profile. For social media marketing value, check out SocialBlueBook.com.
- Twitter – 53,000+
- Instagram – 29,000+
- Pinterest – 10,500+ (250,000+ monthly viewers)
- Facebook fans & friends – 5000+
- YouTube – 5000+
- Currently sharing content and building audiences on TripAdvisor and FlipBoard
- Klout score – 64
- Kred score — 783 (global) 983 (travel)
Travel Journalist Trade Association Memberships
- NATJA (North American Travel Journalists Association) – Member in good standing 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019
- SATW (Society of American Travel Writers) – Member in good standing 2017, 2018, 2019
- ATTA (Adventure Travel Trade Association – Member in good standing 2018, 2019
- PTBA (Professional Travel Blogger Association) – One of the original members and now on the board. Member since 2013.
Features, Appearances & Awards:
Has appeared on dozens of media outlets…from guest appearances, content contributor to media interviews.
- NATJA Gold Winner – Won Gold for Best Travel video for the 2017 North America Travel Journalist Association content competition (award received in 2018). Won Bronze in the Travel Video category in 2019 for the year 2018.
- Allianz Travel – Part of the 2018 and 2019 travel ambassador team.
- Janesville Gazette – Featured in the Janesville, Wisconsin Gazette regarding the video that won 1st place fro best NATJA best travel video.
- The Passion – Featured on the first half of this hour-long travel program which airs in Thailand. Click here to see the 2017 episode.
- Travelocity Gnational Gnomad – Member of the 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2019 Gnomads travel ambassador team for Travelocity.
- ABC 15 – “Best small towns for foodies.” Article written for Travelocity and was one of the best performing in their history.
- Vicksburg 105.5 Radio – Interview on my 2016 road trip to Vicksburg.
- Tripoto – “Best travel blog to look out for in 2015” (Adventure category)
- Travel Channel.com – “Travel’s Best” road trip advisor for 2015
- 2015 Global Tour Winner – Selected to be the Hangzhou Global Tour storyteller.
- Top 100 Travel blog – Named by NomadicSamuel.com in 2014
- Travel Media Showcase – 2nd place writing contest for Lake Charles, LA article.
- Travel Channel – “Best of the Road” T.V. show, part of team “Road Bros.”
- PBS – “Check Please” food critic show.
- Travel Media Showcase – Feature profile.
- Travel + Escape – Canada’s premier travel source. Click here for an example of my contributions.
- USA Today – Featured several times as part of the “Best of the Road.”
- ABC 15 – Guest appearance on the ABC NOW! show.
- Sixt (UK travel site) – Mike’s Road Trip (MRT) named a top-10 best road trip blog for 2012. MRT one of only two sites to receive 5 out of 5 rating.
Case Studies & Testimonials: