The road is the page. The experiences are the ink. Next chapter begins in 300 miles.
Mike’s Road Trip is an award-winning travel video blog focused on road trips, travel tips, lodging & restaurant reviews. Mike’s Road Trip.com started in May, 2010 and is published by Mike Shubic, a veteran marketer. Mike’s Road Trip has worked with dozens of destinations, PR firms, media outlets and leading brands (see below for examples), and is currently part of the Travelocity Gnomad team. MikesRoadTrip.com receives over 40,000 visits per month with 90,000+ pages being served. Mike’s Road Trip ranks 119th out of the world’s most popular travel blogs.
Mike’s Road Trip Site Traffic:
- Over 4600 pages indexed on Google
- PageRank – 3
- Alexa – 183,005 U.S. (118 of Alexa Travel blogs)
- Compete – 267,380 (166 of Compete Travel blogs)
- MozRank – 5.27
- Domain MozRank – 4.32
- Page Authority – 48
- Klout score – 63
- Kred score – 733 (global) 983 (travel)
- Global traffic – USA (76%), Canada (6%), UK (3%) Russia (2%) (The balance by 154 other countries)
- Age – 35-54 (37%), 25-34 (25%), 55-64 (17%)
- Gender – Female (53%), Male (47%)
- Education – College and graduate-level degrees (67%)
Over 4 million video views across nearly a dozen travel and video sharing websites.
- Over 125,000 video views served each month.
- YouTube and the Mike’s Road Trip ROKU channel make up the majority of views at over 1m each. USA Today, Yahoo Travel, TripFilms, Vimeo, Facebook video, Daily Motion and others make up the rest.
- Average video view duration 2:45 minutes.
- Produced over 400 travel videos.
- Q1 of 2017 Mike’s Road Trip will be distributed on DirecTV, the nation’s leading satellite television provider with 22m subscribers.
Social Media Network:
Mike’s Road Trip has dozens of social media profiles, from travel and video sharing sites, to micro blog and social bookmarking sites. Click Mike’s Road Trip Social Media Network for a complete list and links to each profile. For Facebook engagement snapshot, click here.
- Twitter – 23,000+
- Instagram – 13,000+
- Pinterest – 5000+
- Facebook fans & friends – 4500+
- YouTube & Google+ – 2000+
- Klout score – 63
- Kred score — 733 (global) 983 (travel)
Features, Appearances & Awards:
Has appeared on dozens of media outlets…from guest appearances, content contributor to media interviews.
- The Passion – Featured on the first half of this hour-long travel program which airs in Thailand. Click here to see the 2017 episode.
- Travelocity Gnational Gnomad – Part of the 2016 and 2017 Gnational Gnomad brand ambassadors team for Travelocity.
- ABC 15 – “Best small towns for foodies.” Article written for Travelocity and was one of the best performing in their history.
- Vicksburg 105.5 Radio – Interview on my 2016 road trip to Vicksburg.
- Tripoto – “Best travel blog to look out for in 2015” (Adventure category)
- Travel Channel.com – “Travel’s Best” road trip advisor for 2015
- 2015 Global Tour Winner – Selected to be the Hangzhou Global Tour storyteller.
- Top 100 Travel blog – Named by NomadicSamuel.com in 2014
- Travel Media Showcase – 2nd place writing contest for Lake Charles, LA article.
- Travel Channel – “Best of the Road” T.V. show, part of team “Road Bros.”
- PBS – “Check Please” food critic show.
- Travel Media Showcase – Feature profile.
- Travel + Escape – Canada’s premier travel source. Click here for an example of my contributions.
- Jonny Jet – Leading travel blog, Jonny Jet features Mike.
- TripFilms – 2012 Trippy award winner for best hotel video.
- USA Today – Featured several times as part of the “Best of the Road.”
- Halli Casser-Jane – A syndicated online radio show…this episode was on the “best pizza in the country“.
- MyDestination – Based out of the UK, MyDestination is one of hottest online travel guides. Click here for an example of my contributions.
- TripFilms – Paid contributor for this travel video website (April 2011 contributor-of-the-month winner. 2012 Trippy winner).
- ABC 15 – Guest appearance on the ABC NOW! show.
- Rand McNally – Contributor to the “Best of the Road” site.
- Sixt (UK travel site) – Mike’s Road Trip (MRT) named a top-10 best road trip blog for 2012. MRT one of only two sites to receive 5 out of 5 rating.
- Got Saga – 2010 GotSaga named “Mike’s Road Trip” the best “travel tips” blog.
- Featured in the spring 2013 issue of “Wild Junket” magazine on page 10.